"Our nation walking through the fire now, it makes us stronger" Yadviga, the warrior of the "Right Sector".

"Our nation walking through the fire now, it makes us stronger" Yadviga, the warrior of the "Right Sector".

Yadviga, another woman in ranks of the DUK Right Sector battalion, ethnic German, a catholic, a former police officer from Krivoy Rog, city at the central Ukraine. It seems that each of this clarifications does not fit into stereotype, created by Russian propaganda. Current location: Donetsk region, Peski village, frontline.

We are in the dark basement, Yadviga holds the dog in order to save him from shelling and do not let him come out. "Easy, easy, buddy. Stay here, can't you hear the shots outside?", "Local pets came under our care after the most of locals escaped from here" she explained.

- Yadviga, I will not ask why you, a woman, take arms up, it is very formulaic question. More interesting question is - how do you obtain weapons, do you have enough as a member of non-legalized volunteer battalion and why you joined the "Right Sector" battalion actually?

We never have enough of weapons, this is the main problem, we are the volunteers of non-legalized battalion - that is the main reason. We get our weapon in fight. For example, I divide my Kalashnikov with my colleague, we have one weapon at two. But we get out somehow.

Are you sniper?

- ... I will tell so: My arms skills is fine, I served not only in police before, but in army too. It will be quite correct if you write that I am an ordinary wide profile soldier.

- Apparently, you are not ordinary soldier ...

- Ok, let it be your opinion. Regarding the "Right Sector". I was the member of Maidan protests for three months of revolution so I had the opportunity to take a look closer to all political parties and movements at Maidan for this time (by the way, we even wrote the bill to withdraw from the political crisis in Ukraine with colleagues-activists). So my choice is motivated. Maidan was the first point in my way to the racks of Right Sector`s volunteer battalion.

 - Probably you had met some of your former colleagues from police during revolutionary events in Maidan. Have you felt any hostility from them?

 No, it was not hostility. Many of them understand clearly that they are used for dirty work. Unfortunately, most do not provide any resistance. They will be responsible for their actions, part in suppression of righteous people's anger is unconscionable act, I tried to explain them. "NKVD crimes loop stretches behind us, even though we are not involved in them, many generations divides us from those butchers in uniform - I told them - all this happening now and you take on self personal responsibility for that act, for each victim, for every drop of blood spilled. all this happening now and you take on self personal responsibility for that act, for each victim, for every drop of blood spilled. What will you do tomorrow when people's anger and disrespect will fall on your heads?"

- But it so happened that most of your opponents are fighting beside you. Here, in the ATO. 

- Yes, we are brothers in arms now. We have a joke then before we was divided to "Maidan Idiots" and "Brainwashed Berkut" but now we are together, now we are "Ukrops" :)

 - Yadwiga, you are a Catholic, not just formally, you are realy believer. Is your choice not contrary to the canons of the church?

God will understand me. I came here to defend their country first of all, not for kill. And it doesn't contradict any of my beliefs or my faith, nor New Testament commandments. In general, I am deeply convinced that the one who had to be here chosen by the God. Why I had to sit in a safe warm place until someone will risk their lives for the country and for me personally? After all, I once swore allegiance to the people, I have the knowledge and experience in military science - my life before the war obliged me to make this choice. By the way, I talked about it with my priest, and he didn't see any "sedition" against the church in my decision ...

- One Chechen woman, soldier from Juhar Dudayev army (Chechen independence fighters) once told me with pain, that war is in embitters woman's heart more stronger than man`s, burns femininity and tenderness. Do you agree with this conclusion?

- Of course it harder for women. Not because we are the weaker sex. It's not because of that. First of all a woman is intended to be the one who gives life, not takes away. But sometimes circumstances are such that we have to watch without any tenderness through breech-sight to those who came to take away the life of our loved ones. Then you forget about everything: the women's destiny, gentleness, sincerity and think about the persons around you to make them safe. Perhaps, some changes in my heart will shock me later, but now is the bad time for psychoanalysis. Now I'm going to do everything possible to stop the invaders, to don`t let them in my house, to clean my Motherland from scum. You know, i have quite lost belief to this country before the Maidan, wanted to emigrate, but now i know that my faith is here. Our nation are walking through the fire now, it makes us stronger and I'm proud that I`m the part of that nation! 

Коментарі

MOST READ